|The Kirkby Team Ministry celebrates and welcomes rather then tolerates diversity in our organisation and in society as a whole. Thus it is therefore committed to proactive equal opportunities and welcomes all people, with a positive view of age, caring responsibilities, gender, disability, racial/ethnic origin, religion, HIV or other health-related status, sexual orientation or socio-economic background, as Employees, Committee Members and Volunteers.|
However where there is a genuine occupational reason for a specific post it may require the post-holder to be a practising Christian of a recognised denomination. All staff must understand and express sympathy with the Christian ethos of the PCC and do nothing that would be seen to undermine it.
- The Kirkby Team Ministry will not tolerate any breaches of this Policy and will endeavour to ensure that all its activities and other policies are in accordance with this policy.
- The Kirkby Team Ministry recognises and accepts its obligations under current discrimination legislation.
- The Kirkby Team Ministry accepts that there is a need to understand what discrimination is, admit it exists and be able to recognise it in all its forms. It accepts that it is possible for individuals, policies and structures to be unintentionally discriminatory or offensive and accepts that such attitudes and structures must be challenged.
- The Kirkby Team Ministry will proactively promote an environment that treats all people with dignity and respect and provides equality of opportunity to people of any gender, age, religious beliefs, caring responsibilities, racial/ethnic origins, disability, sexual orientation or socio-economic status. The Kirkby Team Ministry expects its employees and volunteers to be sensitive to its Christian basis.
- The Kirkby Team Ministry aims to nurture an environment of equality of opportunity in employment. Interviews for employment and voluntary work will take place in accordance with Equal Opportunities practice. Internal and external job applications and appointments and staff retention will be monitored.
- In order to make physical environments and services accessible to all, the Kirkby Team Ministry will strive to make relevant adaptations and provide appropriate resources.
- The Kirkby Team Ministry aims to ensure that all its staff and volunteers understand and are committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities from the time of appointment. The Kirkby Team Ministry will ensure employees understand their responsibilities under legislation and government guidelines, by providing on going training and development opportunities.
The Kirkby Team Ministry will undertake Equal Opportunities monitoring. This will assist in measuring the effectiveness of the Policy as well as identify training needs, gaps in service and review of practices.
- The Kirkby Team Ministry recognises the need to have support mechanisms for those who have been or may be subjected to discrimination or harassment and will endeavour to provide such services.
- The Kirkby Team Ministry will avoid entering into contracts, partnerships or agreements with individuals, groups or organisations when it is aware that any of their policies or practices contravenes the Equal Opportunities policy of the organization.
Responsibilities of the ORGANISATION
The Kirkby Team Ministry accepts responsibility under legislation for the actions of employees and responsibility for any practices, policies or procedures that may be found to be unintentionally discriminatory and will strive to ensure that this is eradicated. It welcomes the input of staff, volunteers, committee members and users to bring this to the attention.
Revised 4th June 2007